4mm x 12 Core SWA Cable Per Metre – A type of mains electrical cable with a PVC outer sheath and a galvanised steel wire armour below. This helps to protect the cable from damage and chemicals. It also makes the cable suitable for underground burial.
4mm x 12 Core SWA Cable Per Metre Specifications
- Overall Diameter: 27.7mm
- Multi-Core XLPE insulated/PVC/SWA/PVC sheathed to BS5467 600/1000V
- Conductors: Plain annealed stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE (Cross linked polyethylene)
- Core identification: 12 numbered cores
- Bedding: PVC (Polyvinyl-Chloride)
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel Wire Armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC (Polyvinyl-Chloride)
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables. Thermosetting insulated, armoured cables for voltages of 600/1000V (Higher Voltage cables are available, please call 01244 288138 for more information)
- Designed for use in mains supply electricity. These cables are provided with mechanical protection are therefore suitable for external use and direct burial.
We also stock and supply the glands and cleats available for this size cable. For indoor use, we recommend the BW25 indoor gland packs. For outdoor use, you’d use the CW25 outdoor gland packs. Also, if you need to attach this cable to a wall or structure, you require the CC10 cable cleats.