10mm x 3 Core SWA Cable Per Metre – A type of mains electrical cable which has a steel wire armour below the sheathing, making it very resistant to damage and chemicals. This cable is also flexible for it’s size, making it relatively easy to maneuvre into position.
A few of the uses for this cable include:
- Garage supply cable
- Log Cabin supply cable
- Hot Tub supply cable
- The Railway and Transport industry
- Underneath roads powering buildings
- Industrial networks such as power plants and factories
- Within cable ducting and the roofs of warehouses
If you’re unsure what size cable you require, check out our Armoured Cable Calculator. PLEASE NOTE: this calculator provides an estimate, so if you’re not sure which cable size you need, remember to consult the electrician doing the install so that they can check the regulations and confirm.
Specifications for 10mm x 3 Core SWA Cable Per Metre
- Current rating : 73 Amp (Clipped Direct)
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: 3 core (Brown, Black & Grey)
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables.
- Voltage: 600/1000V
- Designed for use in mains supply electricity
Our in-house electrician Stuart recommends using this cable for outdoor garden lighting installations. As the cable is armoured, it is also protected from damage whilst being buried for added peace of mind.
Remember to use CC8 Cable Cleats to attach the cable to any building or structure and outdoor CW20 glands to terminate the stripped ends into the required equipment. This also provides a clean and tidy installation as well as protecting the cable from any knocks or scrapes. Remember that indoor BW20 brass cable glands are also available for this cable size.
For more information on how to install armoured cable easily and safely, check out this ‘How To’ video on installing Steel Wire Armoured Cable. This is for reference during the cable installation.