50mm x 4 Core SWA Cable Per Metre – A large mains power cable suitable for use in a variety of areas. This cable includes a galvanised steel wire armour which helps to protect the cable from damage. Also, there is a UV resistant coating on the outer sheath, meaning this cable is suitable for use outdoors.
This cable is also perfect for direct burial underground.
A few of the different uses for this cable include:
- Large outbuildings, for example on farms
- Industrial Conveyor Systems
- High powered Machinery
- Mains Power Supply to Units, Warehouses etc.
- Three Phase and earth circuits
- Large Three Phase Motors
Specifications for 50mm x 4 Core SWA Cable Per Metre
- Overall Diameter: 32.1mm
- Current rating: 187 Amp (Clipped Direct)
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: 4 core (Brown, Black, Blue & Grey)
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables
- Voltage: 600/1000V
Our in-house electrician Stuart recommends using this cable for outdoor garden lighting installations. As the cable is armoured, it is also protected from damage whilst being buried for added peace of mind.
Remember to use CC14 Cable Cleats to attach the cable to any building or structure and outdoor CW32 glands to terminate the stripped ends into the required equipment. This also provides a clean and tidy installation as well as protecting the cable from any knocks or scrapes. Remember that indoor BW32 brass cable glands are also available for this cable size.
For more information on how to install armoured cable easily and safely, check out this ‘How To’ video on installing Steel Wire Armoured Cable. This is for reference during the cable installation.