95mm x 4 Core SWA Cable Per Metre – High capacity armoured cable suitable a variety of three phase applications and requirements. This cable has a galvanised steel wire armour below the outer sheath which protects it from damage and can also be used a secondary Earth (CPC). The outer sheath is also UV-protected, meaning it is suitable for use both underground and above ground.
A few of the different uses for this cable include:
- Large outbuildings, for example on farms
- Industrial Conveyor Systems
- High powered Machinery
- Mains Power Supply to Units, Warehouses etc.
- Three Phase and earth circuits
- Large Three Phase Motors
Specifications for 95mm x 4 Core SWA Cable Per Metre
- Overall Diameter: 41.7mm
- Current rating: 289 Amp (Clipped Direct)
- Approximate Overall Diameter: 41.7mm
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: 4 core (Brown, Black, Blue & Grey)
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables
- Voltage: 600/1000V
Our in-house electrician Colin recommends using this cable for outdoor garden lighting installations. As the cable is armoured, it is also protected from damage whilst being buried for added peace of mind.
Remember to use CC18 Cable Cleats to attach the cable to any building or structure and outdoor CW50 glands to terminate the stripped ends into the required equipment. This also provides a clean and tidy installation as well as protecting the cable from any knocks or scrapes. Remember that indoor BW50 brass cable glands are also available for this cable size.
For more information on how to install armoured cable easily and safely, check out this ‘How To’ video on installing Steel Wire Armoured Cable. This is for reference during the cable installation.