25mm x 5 Core SWA Cable Per Metre – Three phase mains supply cable with a high current rating making it perfect for industrial applications. This cable features a galvanised steel wire armour below the outer sheath, meaning you can install this cable underground as well as outdoors. The steel wire armour protects the cores and bedding below from impact and electrical interference.
- Large Three Phase Installations & Devices
- Powering Three Phase Devices Long Distances from the supply
- High current Three Phase and earth circuits
- High power Three phase motors
Specifications for 25mm x 5 Core SWA Cable Per Metre
- Overall Diameter: 31.5mm
- Current rating : 96 Amp (Clipped Direct)
- Three Phase Neutral & Earth
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: Brown, Blue, Black, Grey, Green/Yellow
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel Wire Armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables.
- Designed for use in mains supply electricity
Our in-house electrician John recommends using this cable for outdoor garden lighting installations. As the cable is armoured, it is also protected from damage whilst being buried for added peace of mind.
Remember to use CC11 Cable Cleats to attach the cable to any building or structure and outdoor CW32 glands to terminate the stripped ends into the required equipment. This also provides a clean and tidy installation as well as protecting the cable from any knocks or scrapes. Remember that indoor BW32 brass cable glands are also available for this cable size.
For more information on how to install armoured cable easily and safely, check out this ‘How To’ video on installing Steel Wire Armoured Cable. This is for reference during the cable installation.