4mm x 5 Core SWA Cable Per Metre – Highly resistant armoured cable with a 36A current rating. This cable has many forms of protection which allow you to use it in corrosive environments such as outdoors, in factories and warehouses etc.
A few of the different uses for this cable include:
- Auxiliary Power Networks
- Two-way switching circuits
- Three Phase and earth circuits
- Three phase motors
Specifications for 4mm x 5 Core SWA Cable Per Metre
- Current rating : 36 Amp (Clipped Direct)
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: Brown, Blue, Black, Grey, Green/Yellow
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel Wire Armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables.
- Designed for use in mains supply electricity
Our in-house electrician David recommends using this cable for outdoor garden lighting installations. As the cable is armoured, it is also protected from damage whilst being buried for added peace of mind.
Remember to use CC7 Cable Cleats to attach the cable to any building or structure and outdoor CW20 glands to terminate the stripped ends into the required equipment. This also provides a clean and tidy installation as well as protecting the cable from any knocks or scrapes. Remember that indoor BW20 brass cable glands are also available for this cable size.
For more information on how to install armoured cable easily and safely, check out this ‘How To’ video on installing Steel Wire Armoured Cable. This is for reference during the cable installation.