6mm x 5 Core SWA Cable Per Metre – Three phase mains supply cable with a PVC outer sheath and galvanised steel wire armour below. The steel wire armour allows you to bury the cable underground if required and can also be used outdoors (attached to buildings, structures etc). The outer sheath is also UV-resistant, meaning it is not susceptible to sun damage.
- TP+N+E supply’s
- 32A 5 pin sockets
- Three Phase Neutral and earth circuits
- Three phase motors
Specifications for 6mm x 5 Core SWA Cable Per Metre
- Current rating : 44 Amp (Clipped Direct)
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: Brown, Blue, Black, Grey, Green/Yellow
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel Wire Armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables.
- Designed for use in mains supply electricity
Our in-house electrician Eddy recommends using this cable for outdoor garden lighting installations. As the cable is armoured, it is also protected from damage whilst being buried for added peace of mind.
Remember to use CC8 Cable Cleats to attach the cable to any building or structure and outdoor CW25 glands to terminate the stripped ends into the required equipment. This also provides a clean and tidy installation as well as protecting the cable from any knocks or scrapes. Remember that indoor BW25 brass cable glands are also available for this cable size.
For more information on how to install armoured cable easily and safely, check out this ‘How To’ video on installing Steel Wire Armoured Cable. This is for reference during the cable installation.