50mm x 3 Core SWA Cable Per Metre – This steel wire armour cable is suitable for use in large power networks over long distances. With a galvanised steel wire armour below the sheath, this cable is also protected from mechanical damage and chemicals.
As this cable has a high current rating, it is perfect for applications on farms, as it negates voltage drop over long distances such as farmhouses and workshops.
A few of the uses for this cable include:
- Factory and Industrial Installs
- Powering buildings long distances from mains supply
- Large workshops, warehouses etc.
If you’re unsure what size cable you require, check out our Armoured Cable Calculator. PLEASE NOTE: this calculator provides an estimate, so if you’re not sure which cable size you need, remember to consult the electrician doing the install so that they can check the regulations and confirm.
Specifications for 50mm x 3 Core SWA Cable Per Metre
- Overall Diameter: 28.5mm
- Current rating : 187 Amp (Clipped Direct)
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: 3 core (Brown, Black & Grey)
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables
- Voltage: 600/1000V
- Designed for use in mains supply electricity
Our in-house electrician Stuart recommends using this cable for outdoor garden lighting installations. As the cable is armoured, it is also protected from damage whilst being buried for added peace of mind.
Remember to use CC12 Cable Cleats to attach the cable to any building or structure and outdoor CW32 glands to terminate the stripped ends into the required equipment. This also provides a clean and tidy installation as well as protecting the cable from any knocks or scrapes. Remember that indoor BW32 brass cable glands are also available for this cable size.
For more information on how to install armoured cable easily and safely, check out this ‘How To’ video on installing Steel Wire Armoured Cable. This is for reference during the cable installation.