16mm x 4 Core SWA Cable Per Metre – A larger steel wire armour cable with four cores, suitable for a wide variety of three phase circuits and applications. The galvanised steel wire armour in this cable helps to protect it from damage. The outer sheath is also UV resistant.
This cable is perfect for direct burial underground.
A few of the different uses for this cable include:
- Welding Equipment
- Outdoor Workshops
- Industrial Floodlights with day / night sensors
- 80A 4-Pole Rotary Isolators
- Three Phase and earth circuits
- Three phase motors
Specifications for 16mm x 4 Core SWA Cable Per Metre
- Overall Diameter: 22.9mm
- Current rating : 94 Amp (Clipped Direct)
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: 4 core (Brown, Black, Blue & Grey)
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables
- Voltage: 600/1000V
- Designed for use in mains supply electricity
Our in-house electrician Stuart recommends using this cable for outdoor garden lighting installations. As the cable is armoured, it is also protected from damage whilst being buried for added peace of mind.
Remember to use CC10 Cable Cleats to attach the cable to any building or structure and outdoor CW25 glands to terminate the stripped ends into the required equipment. This also provides a clean and tidy installation as well as protecting the cable from any knocks or scrapes. Remember that indoor BW25 brass cable glands are also available for this cable size.
For more information on how to install armoured cable easily and safely, check out this ‘How To’ video on installing Steel Wire Armoured Cable. This is for reference during the cable installation.