10mm x 5 Core SWA Cable Per Metre – Mains power supply cable with a galvanised steel wire armour below the outer sheath. This means you can install this cable underground as the armour protects it from any impact. The outer sheath is also hard-wearing and UV-resistant, meaning it can be used outside without the risk of sun damage over long periods.
- Auxiliary Power Networks
- Two-way switching circuits
- High current Three Phase and earth circuits
- High power Three phase motors
Specifications for 10mm x 5 Core SWA Cable Per Metre
- Current rating : 58 Amp (Clipped Direct)
- Three Phase Neutral & Earth
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: Brown, Blue, Black, Grey, Green/Yellow
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel Wire Armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables.
- Designed for use in mains supply electricity
Our in-house electrician Eddy recommends using this cable for outdoor garden lighting installations. As the cable is armoured, it is also protected from damage whilst being buried for added peace of mind.
Remember to use CC10 Cable Cleats to attach the cable to any building or structure and outdoor CW25 glands to terminate the stripped ends into the required equipment. This also provides a clean and tidy installation as well as protecting the cable from any knocks or scrapes. Remember that indoor BW25 brass cable glands are also available for this cable size.
For more information on how to install armoured cable easily and safely, check out this ‘How To’ video on installing Steel Wire Armoured Cable. This is for reference during the cable installation.